Read the theory below or jump straight to the recommended product regimes based on skin type (click here).
Having a skin easily irritated and reddened is often caused through a build-up of chemicals in the body and on the skin. It may be associated with a skin being sun-damaged, it may be genetic or caused through using harsh, dehydrating products on the skin. It can affect all skin types and ages, is difficult to treat and more difficult to live with. The skin is always dehydrated and under a woods lamp is invariably inflamed. It is these which treatment should be focussed on.
Skins can be reactive, as in they become red and hot very easily, often with the use of products or simply with touch. Reactive skins are not always sensitive. This does sound a little weird however a purely reactive skin may not be dehydrated or inflamed. Many rosacea sufferers have reactive skins which, over time may become sensitive as well.
Simple lifestyle and skin care changes can make a huge difference to both skin concerns –
- use chemical-free skin care and avoid perfumes
- use a lactic acid or enzyme-based gentle cleanser twice daily – even if you have acne/oily skin
- nourish your skin with antioxidant serums such as Vitamin B and growth factors.
- introduce active ingredients to your skin one at time and take it slowly
- drink lots of water
- stop smoking and decrease stimulants in your diet such as alcohol and caffeine
- decrease the sugars and processed foods in your diet – increase good oils, greens and proteins.
- manage stress and ensure sufficient sleep.
- often 3–6 months of adding Super Foods including a Certified Organic Probiotic to your diet can really make the difference. www.miessence.com.au/skincc
A Complete skin care plan for very Sensitive skin –
When starting on a new skin care regime always start slowly – one product at a time and not when you are stressed. Initially your skin may feel drier, a little tight and even flaky. This is your epidermis being strengthened – give it 2–3 weeks and this feeling will subside. Use more moisturiser and you’ll find a D20 spray such as CosMedix Mystic, or Osmosis MD Clear Spray will help during this time.
Add CosMedix Serum 16 – 2nd or 3rd nightly in 2-4 weeks with the CPR and use the Redless then only in the AM.
Don’t forget your SPF, we suggest the CosMedix Hydrate+ and use as much moisturiser as required. Osmosis MD Clear spray or Cosmedix Mystic during the day and CosMedix Rescue at night is excellent for the really dry, sensitive more mature skins ; they will become your favourite friends!
Apply your moisturiser when your skin is damp; it assists with penetration.
Aspect Dr Redless$99.00 – $350.00
CosMedix CPR Skin Recovery Serum$79.00
or 4 payments of $19.75 with
Aspect Dr Multi B Serum$129.00
or 4 payments of $32.25 with
CosMedix Serum 16$131.00
or 4 payments of $32.75 with
Moisturisers for sensitive skin:
Sunblocks for sensitive skin:
If you cannot tolerate any sunblocks including zinc based ones try Colorescience Sunforgettable Brush or Jar it is designed with you in mind!!
Still not sure?
Fill in the Online Skin Consultation and Gaye, our registered nurse will happily help you to choose the right products for your skin type or concern.
Online Skin Consultation
SHARE & LIKE this page