Simplifying Everyday Hand Care
Our hands show off our age, just like our décolletage. They are constantly exposed to sun, dirt, water and everyday grime. We use them constantly, so…let’s look after them with some easy hand care tips!
8 Tips for Younger-Looking Hands
(That also feel nice, because it’s nice when our hands aren’t dry and rough, isn’t it?)
- Choose soaps for washing that are based on Shea Butter, olive oil and that are chemical free. Antibacterial soaps really dry out our hands by stripping natural oils and are not really necessary for home and everyday use. Wash with warm water rather than hot for the best long term hand care.
- Wear gloves whenever possible:
- Doing dirty tasks, such as housework, dishes, gardening, washing the dog or the car
- Whilst we are in the car to protect them from UV’s
- While sleeping and with our hands smothered in a thick, luxurious cream
- Weekly give your hands an exfoliation. When you treat your face, treat your hands.
- In fact, you should rub any facial products left on your hands from your face or body to the backs of your hands – Vitamin A, B and C at least will improve the quality of skin on your hands and they don’t need to be specially purchased hand care items
- Have and use hand creams all over the house: the bathroom, by the kitchen sink, the laundry sink and in your purse. Whenever you dry your hands, apply some cream. Chemical- and fragrance-free are best for the health of your entire skin and body, not just your hands. One of our favourites is Aspect Hand Cream.
- Use a Vitamin E serum on your nails and cuticles – looking after them makes you and your hands look and feel better and therefore, younger
- UV protection – this should be no. 1!! Every day, all day! Keep it in the car and in your purse and use it on your face, your throat and your décolletage, as well as your hands – all day!
- Many face treatments can also be given to your hands, especially to tighten skin and to remove pigment. Intense Pulse Light and Laser are particularly effective.
Still not sure?
If you need more help or would like personalised advice on what skincare products are best for you, book now for your consultation with a skin care advisor:
Or fill in the Online Skin Consultation and Gaye, our registered nurse, will happily help you to choose the right treatments and products for your skin type or concern.