The Skin Care Clinic absolutely respects your privacy!
The Skin Care Clinic provides an easy to use, advice and product-based skin care online store, with its only office being in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. Our contact details are on our Contact us page.
We take seriously our obligations under the Australian Privacy Principles Policy and the 2018 European (GDPR) General Data Protection Regulations. This states what personal information we can collect, how this information can be stored, how you can contact us if you have any concerns about your personal information and how you can amend or delete any information we may hold.
What Information do we collect?
We will only use the information that you provide us with for the primary purpose it was provided for and will request consent before adding you to our mailing list or any other list containing any of your personal data. You will always be able to easily remove yourself from any list. There are several different types of information that we may collect when you visit our site or purchase from us and they are outlined below.
- Order information such as your name, billing address, delivery address, email address and phone number are collected at the time you place your order and are necessary to effect delivery of the products that you order, and to contact you regarding your order if necessary. These details are retained in our database for record keeping purposes and to facilitate any further communication or for orders you may wish to do in the future.
Who on our team has access:-
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information such as what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and to support you.
You will be able to modify or delete personal details by logging into your account page. At the time of purchase, you will have the option to register to receive our informative and interesting approximately fortnightly newsletter and weekly promotional bulletins. At any stage you may unsubscribe to these from the bottom of any of the emails.
- This information can also be used if it is necessary for you to return your product for any reason.
- Your email address may also be used to contact you if you discontinue a shopping session. We may contact you via email to see if there were any problems and if we can help you complete your transaction.
If you elect to pay online using your credit card, paypal or afterpay your details are not viewed by us or by any person except you, at any time during the transaction. These details are necessary to process your order using this payment process. They are encrypted and passed directly to Paypal or Afterpay through our security provider. Any other information you provide at the checkout, such as comments or survey responses, is used to better plan future items to add and developments for the web site.
If you register on the site for our Newsletter or download an informational PDF we will collect your name and email address which will be added to our mailing list. We will use these details to notify you about new developments, products, news and events via our regular approximately fortnightly or weekly Newsletters. Removing yourself from the mailing list will also be easy – just click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our emails.
Online Consultation Submissions give you the opportunity to email us questions about your skin concern in order for us to advise and help you solve this concern. The information you send to us is safely stored in the back end of the website. It is not transferred to any third party and can be deleted at your request by notifying us. This information includes some health and lifestyle questions, medications, skin concerns and may include personal photos. Your answers to these are only used to give you the best possible advice regarding the skin concerns you are requesting help for. At the time of submission our skin care advisor is notified who answers your queries directly from the submission form via email.
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. If you upload images for your online consultation submission, these are only seen by the answering skin advisor and are not passed onto any third party. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Promotional Communications: as part of our promotional, educational and remarketing campaigns, including any competitions we may run, we may contact you using the email address you have provided. If you prefer not to hear from us, please click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email and you will be removed from any future communications. You can also unsubscribe (or re-subscribe) at any time by logging in using your email address and password, and then going to your account page.
How and Why we use your data:
First and foremost, we use your personal data to operate our website and to develop and maintain the best relationship we can with you.
- To process your order.
- To communicate with you. This may include help with using the website, with choosing products, or other help as required from time to time. It may include changes to the website or to our communication methods.
- Providing you with information you have requested from us.
- Asking you for information, feedback or research regarding products or our services to you. A third party may be engaged to assist us with this.
- To protect and help prevent any fraudulent activity and ensure everyone is using our website fairly.
- To analyse, collect and report for site maintenance and improvement and to provide information about which and how often certain pages are viewed. This helps us to understand the products our customers are interested in and alerts us to any areas of the site that may need some help or are of concern. This information may be obtained via a third party, however will be anonymised prior to being reported on.
- To Market to you: as well as delivering our newsletters to you we may also use your data to target advertising to you online via our own promotions and website and through third party websites and their platforms.
- To comply with legal obligations.
How we Share your Data:
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties:-
- Third party service providers and partners who enable us to support delivery of a service to you or provide functionality of the website, or to market or promote our goods and services to you.
- Government and law enforcement agencies if we are required to provide your details by law or if you have violated our terms of service. Where possible and when appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
- If and when an actual or potential buyer (or agents thereof) in connection with a business wants to purchase or merge with our business.
Third party’s which we use include:
Facebook: We use retargeting codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future.You can manage your preference/opt-out here: www.theskincareclinic.com.au/optout
MiCommunity: is a third party which we use to send those of our customers who request a Toxic Chemicals in skin care list and subscribe to the Micommunity newsletter.
Here is a statement from them regarding this subscription:
You can contact them via email regarding your personal data here
Retention of your data:
- The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to keep it. This may include to provide you with ongoing services, to comply with any applicable legal, tax or accounting purposes.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- We will retain your data in a safe and secure form for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a reasonable amount of time afterwards where, for business reasons we need to retain it. Following this period, we’ll ensure it is deleted or anonymised in a secure and appropriate manner.
Third party providers & International Orders:
Once you leave this website, or are redirected via a link to a third party site from our website you are no longer covered by our policies. It is wise to read these third party privacy policies so you understand how they may use your personal information.
If you decide to proceed with a transaction using a third party, you may be subject to the laws of another jurisdiction, such as in the case of international orders.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Third Party and Cookies:
The Skin Care Clinic web site will from time to time contain hyperlinks to other sites both in Australia and overseas. The Skin Care Clinic cannot be responsible for the data protection and privacy practices of these sites.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We urge users to take time to examine individual privacy policies and guidelines on other sites.
What are Cookies and what are they used for?
At The Skin Care Clinic’s website this information is only used for the purpose of statistical analysis to ascertain which pages are being used to analyse website traffic and ensure we can give you an easy online shopping experience.
Please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org for more information on cookies.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Please see this guide for details on how to turn off/ manage your cookies:
• Internet Explorer – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955Mozilla
• Firefox – http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookiesGoogle
• Chrome – http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=95647
• Safari – http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html
iPad/iPod/iPhone – http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677Android – http://support.google.com/android/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=168544#1071614
This website uses the following cookies:
Google Analytics: This cookie allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on website. The information is depersonalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked back to individuals. This will help to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to give you more of the things you enjoy reading and watching.
Facebook: We use retargeting codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future.You can manage your preference/ opt-out here:www.theskincareclinic.com.au/optout
Google AdWords: Using Google AdWords code we are able to see which pages helped lead to contact form submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget. This is only used intermittently.
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication, or send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have rights to:
- know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
- request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
- object to our continued processing of your personal data
- change the personal information if it is wrong or has changed. You can do this yourself by loggin into your account or email us and we will make the relevant changes for you.
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to email@example.com
If you’re not happy with how we are processing your personal data, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review and investigate your complaint and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame. You can also complain to your local data protection authority. They will be able to advise you how to submit a complaint.
How to contact us
We’re always keen to hear from you. If you’re curious about what personal data we hold about you or you have a question or feedback for us on this notice, our websites or services, please get in touch.
Our email is email@example.com
If you would like to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles you can contact us directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing by sending a letter to 295A Macquarie st, Hobart 7000. We will look into your complaint and respond promptly in writing notifying you of what we will do in response.
If you are unsatisfied with our response you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.