Your cells naturally make Growth Factors to maintain healthy skin. They essentially control everything – regulate cell production, growth, division and maturation! You need them to keep healthy and looking good with a well-functioning skin. As you and your skin ages, fewer growth factors are produced, decreasing the functionality of your skin and increasing the rate at which your skin ages. So, how exactly do Growth Factors Improve Your Skin?
If you add good quality growth factors to your skin diligently every day, you can help to keep the skin functioning well with fewer wrinkles, fine lines, sagginess and with improved, more youthful tone and texture.
- Maintain the skin’s firmness and suppleness.
- Support the repair of damaged cells, including collagen and elastin. All cells produce Growth Factors, however individual types produced are usually more relevant to the health of the cell that produces it. This means that a growth factor produced by a fat cell will best help the functionality of fat cells, not bone cells or muscle cells or skin cells.
Modern science has made it possible, in a laboratory, to manipulate growth factors from plants and human sources to be made to act like a cell from any chosen source. This has revolutionised the ability of skin care products to restore youth to an ageing skin. However, like all new things, it can be done well and be effective or be done purely as a marketing tool. When we say Growth Factors Improve Your Skin, it’s important to apply the correct type.
How are Growth Factors Produced?
Take a culture dish, add a few adult human fat cells (for instance) and watch. Stem cells are produced and from these, growth factors are secreted: 150-300 types are available. These are collected, leaving the stem cells behind to continue to work. When the growth factors are introduced to your skin they differentiate and change into multiple skin cell types in order to repair and replace any damaged cells… And voila! Growth Factors Improve Your Skin!
Benefits of Growth Factors
- Increases new healthy cells and functionality of your skin, protecting and stimulating
- Repairs wounds – deep down and on the surface
- Produces Collagen – fewer lines
- Creation of new blood vessels – more nutrients and oxygen where it’s needed
- Increases the number of collagen-producing cells and improves their efficiency
- Increases immune cell production, improving your ability to fight viral and bacterial infections
- Promotes epithelial cell production improving tone and texture of the skin
How To Use Growth Factors
Many skin care products now contain plant stem cells and growth factors. Choose options without the nasty ingredients, that are certified organic and that include other active ingredients. Massage them well into your skin and use twice a day.
If you have or are developing any of the signs of ageing and/or have any sun-damage, growth factors are for you! You will see a significant difference within 6-12 weeks using them twice a day.
For optimal results consider these items as well!
- A Vitamin C serum and a Vitamin A serum as they work differently in your skin but give the growth factors the optimal conditions to act.
- Physical UV protection – every day to protect your newly rejuvenated skin.
- Look after your lifestyle: sleep, food, drink, no smoking etc.
Applying Growth Factors Topically In Your Skin Care
Growth Factor molecules are large and, therefore, difficult to absorb into your skin. By applying serums containing them first, after cleansing and then layering other serums on top you will assist in their absorption by manually “pushing” the molecules into the skin.
If they are in a cream, use them over your serums, however these are best used at night so they absorb and act whilst you sleep. Aspect SMC is one of these.
Our fave Growth Factor product is Osmosis MD StemFactor:
It is quite unique due to their “wrapping” the growth factors in exosomes. These are natural substances, protective envelopes that surround each growth factor allowing it to have a longer life, better penetration and more activation at the receptor site. This means that this product is really effective!!
Osmosis MD also suggest spraying their Osmosis MD Boost Spray over the serums and massaging them into the skin before applying moisturisers and sunblocks. It truly makes an enormous difference!
Still not sure?
If you need more help or would like personalised advice, book now for your consultation with a skin care advisor. Offering information on what skincare products are best for you. Check out our range of in-clinic services today.
Otherwise fill in the Online Skin Consultation. Our skin care advisor will happily help you. Choosing the right treatments and products for your skin type or concern.
Check out our latest Specials!