Chronic illness and oncology friendly products can be a minefield to wade through when you are feeling unwell and don’t know where to start. We know that when we are run down, other organs of the body suffer; this includes our skin, which is our largest organ of the body. Normally the skin is the last place to receive nutrients that we take up in our diet, so when we are chronically ill, taking long-term medication, or undergoing medical therapies, such as cancer treatment, our skin really starts to suffer. It can become dry, flaky, dehydrated, hypersensitive, irritated, and often you will notice that there are only a certain few products that you are able to topically apply without getting an unpleasant reaction.
Here at The Skin Care Clinic, we stock some great ranges of Cosmeceutical skin care products that will work to rebuild your skin, gently and effectively. Osmosis MD is a great brand that we stock that has a large range of products that have been deemed Oncology friendly; this includes skin care and make up! These products have been tried and tested and are endorsed by Oncology Spa Solutions and Oncology Training International. This means that they are a safe and effective option that can work to heal and nurture a compromised skin after treatment. Check out the products below – or view the printable link Osmosis Oncology Friendly 2017;
- Osmosis MD Purify – a gentle cleanser that gently smooths the skin without removing the protective lipid barrier.
- Osmosis MD Cleanse – a gentle cleanser for very sensitive skin.
- Osmosis MD StemFactor – a serum assisting the repair process, stimulating collagen and elastin production while healing hyperpigmentation.
- Osmosis MD Repair – a serum designed to enhance the healing process of damaged or inflamed skin. The active ingredients work to calm irritation and begin to repair the skin’s epidermal barrier.
- Osmosis MD Quench – a lightweight moisturiser that restores the epidermal barrier.
- Osmosis MD Hydrate – a lightweight moisturiser for dry skin that reduces wrinkles while firming and evening your skin tone.
- Osmosis MD Protect – a broad spectrum sun protection using Zinc Oxide for a long-lasting coverage.
Delicate Eye Area
- Osmosis MD Refresh – an intensely-moisturising eye serum to assist improving dark circles, puffiness and fine lines.
- Osmosis MD Illuminate – an intensely-moisturising eye serum to assist improving dry skin and fine lines.
Concealer & Foundations
- Osmosis Colour Age Defying Treatment Concealer – cover dark circles, pigmentation and redness on face and body
- Osmosis Pressed Base and Osmosis Loose Base Foundations – mineral foundation that is buildable to achieve a light or heavy finish.
- Osmosis Colour Contour Duo – combining a matte bronzer and shimmering highlighter to help define your face.
- Osmosis Colour Bronzer – add warmth to both face and body, perfect for contouring cheeks, nose and eyes.
- Osmosis Colour Blush – add colour back into your cheeks either as a natural finish or a flush of brighter colour.
- Osmosis Colour Eye Shadow Trio – three shades of mineral colour to easily create an everyday or an evening look.
- Osmosis Colour Eye Pencil – water-resistant and long lasting wearability in a creamy, quick drying formula.
- Osmosis Colour Mascara – enhances lash length, shape and colour.
- Osmosis Colour Brow Gel – water-resistant and smudge-proof with a long-wearing natural-looking finish.
- Osmosis Colour Lipstick – a creamy textured lipstick providing your lips with a wash of colour that stays all day long.
- Osmosis Colour Lip Glaze – a high shine lacquer glazed look for your lips.
- Osmosis Colour Lip Gloss – allows a natural to high shine look with transparent and rich lacquered colours.
Makeup Recommended Extras
- Osmosis Colour Mineral Hydration Mist – sprayed throughout the day to rehydrate your skin with calming benefits.
- Osmosis Colour Melt Away Gelee – glides on easily and watch the makeup slide right off.
It’s a pretty stressful time and when you feel exhausted and generally down it s nice to know that you can help your skin be a little healthier and stronger, as well as feel and look good – maybe better than you feel inside!