CosMedix has been well known as an elite medical grade cosmeceutical brand. Formulated with skin-loving ingredients using high concentrations of active ingredients. All designed for professional skin care experts, dermatologists, aestheticians and skin care enthusiasts around the world to enjoy. Can you imagine what their Elite range will be like then? Needless to say, it’s full of targeted active ingredients and each product is designed to suit a specific skin need. We’ve put together this CosMedix Elite Review to give you a taster of what we see and experience here in the clinic.
As this range is designed to be sold in a clinical environment only rather than online, you need to phone us in-clinic on 0418 283 778, or email us to organise a time to speak, prior to purchase. This is because the level of active ingredients warrants ensuring your skin will benefit from it. The best seller in this range is Eye Doctor, and some products, such as Pepoxide and Reduce are well tolerated by many. The cleansers are simply designed for either very sensitive or oily skin types. Whereas others, such as Refine RX are high strength Vitamin A products thus you need to ensure you have worked your way up to this strength.
To give you a quick starter course, we’ve outlined each product and its basic benefits and uses below.
CosMedix Elite Product Guide & Benefits
- Gentle Clean Soothing Cleanser | A mild cleanser with soothing Shea Butter and Aloe Vera. This cleanser can be used daily and is perfect for sensitive skin.
- RX Clean Exfoliating Cleanser | Great for oily skin. This is the ultimate exfoliating cleanser designed to help eliminate oil and impurities for softer, even-looking skin.
- X-Cell + Brightening Serum | Designed to combat pigmentation, this multitasking serum brightens as it gently exfoliates to reveal a smoother, more even-toned appearance.
- X-Age moisturiser with Vitamin A | Dry, dehydrated skin loves this age-defying moisturiser with antioxidants, Retinol Complex and hydrating ingredients to improve the skin’s appearance and help diminish the visible signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles.
- Serum 24 Rapid Renewal Complex | Designed with especially dry and sensitive skin in mind. This is a unique blend of LG-Retinex, encapsulated retinol and retinaldehyde, making this youth in a bottle – an age-defying serum.
- Refine RX Retinol Resurfacing Serum |Dramatically renews the look of sundamaged / thickened skin with a Retinol Complex to discourage the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and unveil healthy skin.
- Reduce Soothing Relief Serum | Formulated for sensitive and inflamed skin. This is a soothing blend of ingredients designed to reduce visible signs of redness. It is even excellent for post treatment, shaving and waxing.
- Pepoxide Antioxidant Pepoxide Concentrate | All ageing skin types benefit from antioxidants. This is a unique blend of sixteen powerful antioxidant and peptide amino acids aid in helping to dramatically improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Eye Doctor High Potency Eye treatment | This is an age-defying, liquid crystal eye serum with retinol that replenishes moisture and improves the appearance of fine lines and thinning skin around the eyes. It is our highest potency serum including Retinol for your delicate eye area.
Meg’s CosMedix Elite Review
“I went for a long time using exclusively CosMedix Elite and I loved it all, but now I am on to something else, however, the one thing that I have kept is the Cosmedix Elite Eye Doctor. It is a little champion and although it is in a tiny little tube and costs a whole whack of money, it is worth it. I know that this will not be in everyone’s budget, but if it is one that you have been thinking about using, just know that it is the best of the best, you will see results in a short amount of time and it does last a long time (5+ months) as you only need a miniscule amount, applied at night-time only.
Here are the benefits:
- An age-defying, liquid crystal eye serum that replenishes moisture and improves the appearance of damaged, thinning skin around the eyes.
- Helps to even skin tone by reducing the look of fine lines, dark circles and hyper-pigmentation.
- Free radical-fighting antioxidants defend skin from environmental stress that can cause inflammation and damage to collagen and elastin.“
Julie’s CosMedix Elite Review
“CosMedix Elite, it really says it all in the name. An elite range of cosmetics, and this one specifically targeted to ageing skin, which unfortunately starts a lot earlier than you might think. I’m well over qualified for the ageing skin category, so this range is a must for me to use.
I shall start with the Eye Doctor. Now when it comes to any products, why jump into a Datsun 180B when you can drive a Lamborghini. And for those of you who don’t remember the Datsun, google it! With a touch of vitamin A in a liquid crystal formula, it’s a celebration of opal like colours, it’s pretty as. It’s a thick gel consistency and you need only the smallest, smallest amount. The tube is tiny, but it honestly lasts for so long, so worth the extra dollars this one costs. Truly brightens and smooths the eye area.
X-Age & Pepoxide
Next is the X-Age which is a night time moisturiser, and also includes vitamin A. I haven’t really been using this long enough to comment on actual results. The smell is unusual, kind of like over ripened oranges, but it is really hydrating, my skin feels very soft and smooth in the morning, so I’m enjoying it so far. I reviewed the Cosmedix Elite Pepoxide a little while ago in the Vitamin C review. Another lovely product from this range.
All of them lusciousness (is that a word?… ‘tis now) in a bottle/tube.
Now if you want to purchase any of these beauties from CosMedix Elite, they do not allow them to be sold online due to the high level of actives. If you do see it online for purchase, it is most probably old stock, so be wary. You can shoot us an email or give us a call, and we will organise your purchase over the phone.
Phillipa’s CosMedix Elite Review
“Hmmm… This one was actually hard for me, as I have only just started trying the CosMedix Elite range, and that is because we had this review coming up. That doesn’t sound so good, so I’d better explain… When I first started working in the clinic, this range was described as our top-end luxe brand. Because of the high levels of active ingredients, I was suggested not to try starting out on it while I was pregnant and then breastfeeding. That’s a time for gentle nourishment and preventative SPF care. I ended up spending the next few years trapped in the good-ol’ breastfeeding/pregnant/breastfeeding cycle of having kids. Goodbye youthful skin, hello wrinkles!
Starting with the Eyes
So, with this review coming up, and no longer breastfeeding my youngest daughter, I decided I’d better find out why the eye serum is so amazing. It’s our most sought after eye serum – even though you need to call or email our clinic to buy it. It’s actually more similar to CosMedix Opti Crystals that I expected – the serum recommended during my baby making years. The difference is what else is inside this little gem. Let’s just say, there’s a reason CosMedix Elite Eye Doctor is our best selling and top-of-the-range eye serum…
CosMedix Elite Eye Doctor actually contains Vitamin A. You know why you love it for your skin… well, this serum is really thick and sticky. So you only need a small match-head dot on your finger. Also, being a retinol, you only use it in the evening. So it lasts forever, well long enough to forget when you brought it. As well as encouraging firmer skin, it also hydrates and fights environmental damage. While I’ve only been using it for a few weeks, I’m definitely happy with the results and don’t regret adding it to my bathroom cabinet.
Wrinkle Fighting Goodness
I probably should have stopped there, but why not branch out? I asked both the skin advisors in the clinic, and also our supplier, which other products (Eye Doctor being the top) are both well-loved and suit all skin types. Everyone’s answer was the same – Pepoxide, followed by Reduce! Well, with recommendations as clear as that, I started my Pepoxide trial. This is an antioxidant serum, which is a thick dark orange colour. It contains sixteen powerful antioxidants and peptide amino acids that help to fight free-radical damage. It’s actually calming as well as hydrating, and I have really loved using it. My skin has been looking clear and soft, so it’s looking like a keeper to me. I think there’s also something really luxe about the CosMedix packaging. You can feel the weight of the serums in your hand, and when you use the pumps, they feel really well made.
I haven’t used this duo for long-enough to wax lyrical over the results, but using the products has been not only a delight, but an addiction. They’re well sought after in the clinic and I’m coming to realise why!
Meagan’s CosMedix Elite Review
“CosMedix Elite Pepoxide is a serum that’s like a fresh zesty boost of hydration for your skin. It’s that burst of radiance you need of a morning that makes you feel awake and glowing. It absorbs quickly but feels nice and rich at the same time. It really does help with the appearance of fine lines, as it makes the skin feel plump and dewy. This in combination with Aspect Dr Resveratrol is such a huge antioxidant boost, you’ll be fighting free radical damage as you proceed with your day Once absorbed into the skin, you’ll notice a velvety feel. It’s the perfect finish for applying makeup, as it feels like you’re getting a really nice even coverage. Antioxidants are vital in all skin care regimes, and this is one of the most potent ways to deliver them, in topical form.”
Rosie’s CosMedix Elite Review
“CosMedix Elite is the next level in high potency, exclusive skin care. A beautiful range that contains multifunctional products, scientifically formulated for the best results. CosMedix Elite X-Age is one of our favourites at The Skin Care Clinic, here is why; A beautiful moisturiser combining soothing botanicals to firm and smooth the skin, plus a retinol complex that encourages skin cell renewal and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and imperfections. Skin cell renewal also means that the skin more readily absorbs nutrients that are packed into this nourishing cream. It is deeply moisturising and helps to retain moisture in the skin. Improved texture and tone is another benefit of this moisturiser, which we think is a great all-rounder.”
We hope you have appreciated hearing our “real life” feedback on these products. If there is a product you have enjoyed, please leave your feedback. Your favourite cleanser, serum or moisturiser? Write a review on the website and you’ll even receive an extra 300 points. Simply locate the product (in this case the CosMedix Elite products we’ve just reviewed), click the Reviews tab and leave your rating and review. We believe in finding products that are scientifically proven to improve your skin’s health without using nasty ingredients that we are better off avoiding.
Still not sure?
Do you need more help or would like personalised advice? Book now for your consultation with a skin care advisor. Offering information on what skin care products are best for you. Check out our range of in-clinic services today.
Otherwise fill in the Online Skin Consultation. Our skin care advisor will happily help you. Choosing the right treatments and products for your skin type or concern.
Check out our latest Specials!