Helping you be healthy on the inside so you can look good on the outside!
The Power of Protein
- Protein is a vital macronutrient and is essential for the sustenance of life. Did you know that aside from water, protein makes up the largest portion of our body weight?! During digestion, proteins are broken down in the stomach and transformed into amino acids, which are the building blocks of our bones, muscles and tissue.
- Unlike fat and carbohydrates, protein cannot be stored in the body and utilised as required, so it is important to consume an adequate amount of protein on a daily basis. The best way to achieve this is by incorporating a small amount of protein into every meal.
- Not consuming the appropriate amount of protein on a daily basis can result in muscle loss, decreased metabolic rate, decreased immunity, impaired wound healing and loss of skin elasticity.
Am I meeting my daily recommended intake of protein?
As a guide, the recommended daily intake (RDI) for protein in 0.8 grams per kilogram of body weight. So, a 70kg person would need 56g of protein per day (o.8 x 70). This would equate to consuming approximately 18g of protein during three meals each day.
Miessence Complete Protein Powder:
The Miessence Complete Protein Powder is by far one of the highest quality protein products on the market and offers a range of fantastic health benefits. This product is more than just a source of protein; it is an easily digestible, extremely high protein, low carbohydrate, optimally balanced amino acid profile SUPERFOOD.
Key features of The Miessence Complete Protein Powder:
- Certified Organic
- Sprouted and Biofermented
- Plant sourced ingredients
- Gluten, wheat, egg, soy, diary and whey protein free
- Suitable for elite athletes & body builders as well as weight loss dieters, breastfeeding mothers, children, and the elderly
- Contains NO preservatives, artificial sweetness or flavours.
- Ingredients: Organic biofermented pea protein, organic sprouted brown rice protein, organic sacha inchi protein, non-gmo xanthan gum, luo han fruit concentrate.
Why should I choose Miessence Complete Protein Powder?
Just like the name suggest, this protein power is ‘complete’. Plant sources of protein are often considered ‘incomplete’ if one or more essential amino acids are missing in the required amounts. However, the ingredients in the Miessence Complete Protein Powder have been carefully combined to a specific ratio to make up for the deficiencies in each plant-sourced ingredient. So, Voilà! There you have a plant-sourced powder that has a complete amino acid profile.
A diet rich in selected plant proteins also eliminates the risks of ingesting saturated fats found in animal protein, allergic reactions and lactose intolerance caused by whey protein and digestive difficulty with soy protein.
Just one 25g serving of Miessence Complete Protein Powder provides a 70kg person with 2/3 of their recommended daily intake of essential amino acid. Now that’s impressive.
Protein has come a long way from what it was 50 years ago. This advanced product boasts some uniquely powerful sources of protein that are not commonly found in other brands of protein powder. The Miessence Complete Protein Powder contains three main highly beneficial, certified organic ingredients:
Certified Organic Sacha Inchi Protein:
- Grows in the Amazon Rainforest and the highest Andes Mountains of Peru.
- The dried sacha inchi seed powder contains one of the most highly digestible, low irritant, high quality protein sources known.
- 60% pure protein
- High in Vitamin A and Calcium to support healthy eyes, teeth and bones
- High in tryptophan to promote positive moods
- Sustainably harvested and raw
Certified Organic sprouted brown rice powder:
- Enzymatically extracted from multiple layers of the sprouted whole grain, compared to typical rice protein, which is hexane-extracted from the bran layer alone.
- 80% pure protein
- 98% correlation to mothers milk
- 98.2% digestion efficiency (Whey is 98.1%)
- With a Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) of 1, it provides essential amino acids and digestibility similar to that of Whey and Casein.
Certified Organic Pea Protein:
- Said to be one of the most perfect proteins for human consumption
- Approximately 90% protein
- 98% digestion rate
- Ideal amino acid profile for athletes
- High iron content, which supports the transportation of oxygen throughout the body as well as the regulation of cell growth and differentiation.
- Works effectively to regulate appetite and encourage weight loss through ghrelin regulation
When should I be consuming protein?
The Miessence Complete Protein Powder can be consumed with water, juice, and milk (preferably not soy) and can be incorporated into yogurt, cereals, smoothies, home made energy snacks and healthy desserts. As mentioned above, it is important to maintain your protein levels through out the day. Therefore, this protein powder can be consumed first thing in the morning, before and after a workout, in between meals and before your go to bed.
“ The Miessence Protein Powder if fantastic! I have a spoon of the protein powder on my Yoghurt every morning with some berries and the difference is that I am not hungry for 5-6 hours after. If I miss out and just have the yogurt and berries I am hungry in around 3 hours.” – Gayle
“I am in my mid 50’s and for years I had trouble sleeping, until I tried Miessence Complete Protein Powder. Nothing else has changed except that I am taking the protein powder in the morning. I am sleeping like a baby – it’s so nice and I am a nicer person”. – Wendy
Click here for a factsheet or here for a video of how Narelle Chenery, Miessence Founder, Biochemist and creator of this incredible product, compares the Miessence Complete Protein Powder to other protein powder brands. You might be surprised!
You can purchase this amazing superfood product from www.mipassion.com.au. Simply go to ‘shop online’ and choose ‘Gaye Barlow’, which will take you to my Miessence shop. Then simply follow all the prompts- Purchase an additional something else (of a particular value) to receive a discount at checkout- nice surprise!