Having skin that looks good gives us confidence at any age.
With make-up we can often look better, but we all wish our skins could be more hydrated, less oily, less red, less wrinkled, less blotchy and more even-toned…this is what I hear every day from people of all ages – both male and female.
To have skin that feels good it needs to be healthy. Healthy skin is a combination of many things, some of which have nothing to do with what you apply to your skin. It can include:
- Genetic factors
- Environmental factors especially sun exposure
- Your general health, medications and fitness level
- Whether you smoke
- Your diet and fluid intake
- Stress of all kinds
- The make-up you choose to wear
- Your age
The top things that will assist you in achieving a healthier skin are:
- Improving your diet, water intake and your health
- Stopping smoking
- Having a good work/life balance
And using effective and safe, science-based skin care products that should include:
- A lactic-based cleanser, Vitamins A, B and C
- A physical protection moisturiser with or without an SPF
- SPF protection – non-chemical
- The best mineral make-up
There should be minimal additives, no known nasty chemicals, no fragrances and be chirally correct. Skin care products should have the ability to penetrate deeply and without irritation to change your skin.
These are my recommendations based on my experience treating skins. Obviously a consult and a skin analysis in person will ensure the best outcomes. For those who don’t live in the Hobart region, you can complete the online skin consultation.
Solve Your Skin Concerns