Everyday at The Skin Care Clinic, we come across many different skin concerns, either in the clinic or over an online consultation. Here are 3 different people with very different concerns and the solutions that we have provided:
Solutions When Past Sun Damage Still Haunts You
Susan is a regular at The Skin Care Clinic, coming in for monthly treatments. Her main concern is sun damage from years spent growing up on the coast. Prior to coming into our clinic, Susan was only using a basic cleanser and moisturiser from the chemist.
Susan, 57 Pigmentation
Pigmentation is tricky to treat, but it can be done with specific skin care that will attack the pigmentation at a cellular level.
Aside from in-clinic skin infusions, Susan’s home care solutions are as follows:
- Cleanse with Osmosis MD Purify. Containing enzymes and surfactants to improve skin radiance.
- Apply Osmosis MD Rescue Serum to calm inflammation, activate epidermal wound repair and dramatically improve skin texture and age and sun spots.
- Apply Osmosis MD Catalyst AC-11. Combining Vitamin C, Amino Acids and minerals all to encourage the skin to increase DNA repair, stimulate elastin production and promote wound healing.
- Apply Osmosis MD Protect. A natural, ultra sheer moisturiser containing SPF
Cystic Acne’s Getting You Down?
Nathan has been coming in to The Skin Care Clinic consistently for about 3 months for acne treatments. Out of all my acne clients, I am the most pleased with Nathan’s progress. He had suffered from severe cystic acne since the age of 14 and he had tried everything.
Nathan, 21, Acne
In the clinic, Nathan has a combination of deep cleansing treatments, oxygen treatments, Dermafracs and light treatments. He needed something pretty strong for his home care as his acne was so severe. This is what he uses:
- Cleanse with Societe AHA Cleanser. Triple action Alpha Hydroxy Acids accelerates the exfoliation of dead skin cells and removes bacteria. Also containing Tea Tree Oil which for the natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Societe Clarifying Prep Solution. This comes in a spray bottle and contains Salicylic Acid and antioxidants to prepare and calm the skin.
- Societe Clarity-Bac Complex. This is an oil free, lightweight cream that forms an invisible protective barrier to seal in moisture and keep out pollution.
- Societe Prime and Defend Moisturiser. Also oil free, this non-greasy formula nourishes while providing sun protection. It’s slightly tinted which helps to minimise any redness.
The changes this has made to Nathan’s skin has been incredible. He has gone from staying at home, too self conscious to get out and about, to now working in customer service and loving life!!
The Frustration Of Rosacea, Making Every Step Difficult
Another long time in-clinic client, Melissa not only suffers from Rosacea but also severe sensitivities. Choosing the right skin care for Melissa took quite a while, with trials and errors along the way. Treating her Rosacea alone would have been relatively easy, but combining this with severe sensitivities meant that we had to go slowly and add in new products over time.
Melissa, 46 Rosacea
One of the first things we did was to get Melissa on to probiotics. Studies have proved a direct link between gut health and Rosacea. Melissa now takes probiotics every morning and her skin care solutions are as follows:
- Cleanse with Osmosis MD Cleanse. A very gentle cleanser that successfully removes dead skin cells and makeup without removing the skin’s natural oils.
- Osmosis MD Stem Factor. This serum contains growth factors to dramatically improve all aspects of skin damage and inflammation.
- Aspect Dr Redless. A must have for Rosacea sufferers. This corrective, anti-red, antioxidant calming serum is based on the Sea Buckthorn Berry. Rosacea sufferers will see the difference within weeks as the signs of a stressed skin slowly decrease. It is brilliant for alleviating dry and stressed skins and making you feel so much more normal.
- CosMedix Rescue Balm. Another must have for not only Rosacea but anyone suffering dry, irritated skin. It has a thicker balmy consistency, and is an absolute lifesaver for the skin. Leave it on overnight and wake up to soothed skin.
- CosMedix Hydrate + as a daily moisturiser containing zinc to protect from the elements.
Quite a mixture of brands, which is totally okay to do.
Medik8 also makes a Calmwise Discovery Kit that was specifically designed for Rosacea sufferers, and while it is not something Melissa uses as she now has all her skin care needs, I have had excellent feedback on the Medik8 Kit from other Rosacea customers who purchase online. One of their best selling products is the Medik8 Calmwise Colour Correct Moisturiser. In a shade of green, this one helps to reduce the look of reddened skin.
If you have any of the concerns above, you can certainly follow the same skin care routine with the suggested products. Alternatively, if you would like more information, you can fill out an online skin consultation from our website.
Still not sure?
Do you need more help or would like personalised advice? Book now for your consultation with a skin care advisor. Offering information on what skin care products are best for you. Check out our range of in-clinic services today.
Otherwise fill in the Online Skin Consultation. Our skin care advisor will happily help you. Choosing the right treatments and products for your skin type or concern.
Check out our latest Specials!